Implementing workplace drug testing isn’t as simple as it seems. Employers naturally want to hire staff who do not use illegal drugs. However, workers claim that such a program violates their right to privacy. As a business leader, it’s your job to find a balance between these equally valid points. You have to fully understand […]
We provide drug and alcohol testing and drug safety services to the greater Illawarra, South Coast & Southern Highlands area in NSW.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
WHS legislation require ALL businesses to identify and minimise risk – that includes the risk of drugs and alcohol!
If your business does not have risk control procedures in place to address alcohol and drug influences, you are at risk. These risks are real and potentially catastrophic for your company:
- accidents/incidents at the workplace
- reduced productivity
- higher turnover
- higher insurance premiums
- litigation if you have ignored the warning signs
We can develop a custom-tailored, comprehensive Alcohol & Drug Risk Management Plan for your organisation.
Most importantly, we are able to adapt our services to suit your industry’s needs. Your plan may include some or all of the following services:
- Alcohol & Drug Policy Development
- Alcohol & Drug procedural documentation to support your policy
- Staff Awareness Sessions on the effects of Drugs & Alcohol.
- Pre-Employment Alcohol & Drug Testing
- Alcohol & Drug On-site Testing
- Surface Drug Residue Detection
- Reporting of Results with quarterly or annual analysis.
- As an employer you are fulfilling your duty of care under WHS legislation.
- Your staff will understand that being under the effects of Alcohol & Drugs in your workplace will not be tolerated.
- You will be reducing the risk in your business.
- You will improve the safety of your employees, contractors, clients and general public.
- Your profitability will improve through increased productivity.
- You may reduce insurance premiums as the rate of accidents, damage to equipment, theft and claims reduce.
Best of all, you will become part of the solution! As your employees reduce their alcohol and drug intake, the benefits flow back to their families and community as a whole
Drug-Safe Workplaces is a national organisation, providing drug testing services Australia-wide. We are the branch servicing Illawarra.
This includes locations such as Wollongong, Warrawong, Port Kembla, Berkeley, Thirroul, Bulli, Woonona, Corrimal, Fairy Meadow, Figtree, Cordeaux Heights, Albion Park, Barrack Heights, Shellharbour, Dapto, Kiama, Gerringong, Shoalhaven Heads, Batemans Bay, Milton, Ulladulla, Jervis Bay, Nowra, Picton, Thirlmere, Tahmoor, Bargo, Mittagong, Bowral, Moss Vale, Bundanoon, Marulan and Goulburn.
As wonderful as our region is, we are unfortunately not exempt from tragic and avoidable drug and alcohol fuelled workplace incidents. A single incident impacts more than just the immediate victims. Think of the families involved, innocent by-standers, your company and the public perception.
Everybody should be able to expect that when we go to work, we will be doing so at a safe workplace. This is why we exist. To help business owners and managers like yourself keep your company and staff safe.
Drug and Alcohol Testing Providers in Illawarra and Surrounds
Wherever you are in Australia, our mobile fleet of fully equipped testing units probably get to you.
We can provide you with a means to guard against drug and alcohol abuse in your business.
Let us work together to implement a Drug & Alcohol Risk Management Program tailored to your needs.
Having employees who use illegal drugs is never good news for your company. Drug users can lower the productivity and revenue of your business and even put other employees at risk. The use of illegal drugs at the workplace can have fatal consequences. But there are many other reasons for implementing a workplace drug testing […]
Drug users spent $11.3 billion on substance abuse last year, based on drug use trends in Australia in 2020. The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) released the latest results of its National Wastewater Drug Monitoring Program. The 9th NWDMP report revealed a growing problem regarding illicit drug use in the country. Related posts: Illegal Drugs […]
Connect with Us