Business owners never imagine that a key, top-performing employee would test positive for drugs. However, it does happen. The pressure to perform well and a stressful work environment may push any employee towards unhealthy coping mechanisms. However, the consequences of a key employee testing positively for drug use are severe. Related posts: How Not To…
We provide drug and alcohol testing and drug safety services to the greater Illawarra, South Coast & Southern Highlands area in NSW.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
WHS legislation require ALL businesses to identify and minimise risk – that includes the risk of drugs and alcohol!
If your business does not have risk control procedures in place to address alcohol and drug influences, you are at risk. These risks are real and potentially catastrophic for your company:
- accidents/incidents at the workplace
- reduced productivity
- higher turnover
- higher insurance premiums
- litigation if you have ignored the warning signs
We can develop a custom-tailored, comprehensive Alcohol & Drug Risk Management Plan for your organisation.
Most importantly, we are able to adapt our services to suit your industry’s needs. Your plan may include some or all of the following services:
- Alcohol & Drug Policy Development
- Alcohol & Drug procedural documentation to support your policy
- Staff Awareness Sessions on the effects of Drugs & Alcohol.
- Pre-Employment Alcohol & Drug Testing
- Alcohol & Drug On-site Testing
- Surface Drug Residue Detection
- Reporting of Results with quarterly or annual analysis.
- As an employer you are fulfilling your duty of care under WHS legislation.
- Your staff will understand that being under the effects of Alcohol & Drugs in your workplace will not be tolerated.
- You will be reducing the risk in your business.
- You will improve the safety of your employees, contractors, clients and general public.
- Your profitability will improve through increased productivity.
- You may reduce insurance premiums as the rate of accidents, damage to equipment, theft and claims reduce.
Best of all, you will become part of the solution! As your employees reduce their alcohol and drug intake, the benefits flow back to their families and community as a whole
Drug-Safe Workplaces is a national organisation, providing drug testing services Australia-wide. We are the branch servicing Illawarra.
This includes locations such as Wollongong, Warrawong, Port Kembla, Berkeley, Thirroul, Bulli, Woonona, Corrimal, Fairy Meadow, Figtree, Cordeaux Heights, Albion Park, Barrack Heights, Shellharbour, Dapto, Kiama, Gerringong, Shoalhaven Heads, Batemans Bay, Milton, Ulladulla, Jervis Bay, Nowra, Picton, Thirlmere, Tahmoor, Bargo, Mittagong, Bowral, Moss Vale, Bundanoon, Marulan and Goulburn.
As wonderful as our region is, we are unfortunately not exempt from tragic and avoidable drug and alcohol fuelled workplace incidents. A single incident impacts more than just the immediate victims. Think of the families involved, innocent by-standers, your company and the public perception.
Everybody should be able to expect that when we go to work, we will be doing so at a safe workplace. This is why we exist. To help business owners and managers like yourself keep your company and staff safe.
Drug and Alcohol Testing Providers in Illawarra and Surrounds
Wherever you are in Australia, our mobile fleet of fully equipped testing units probably get to you.
We can provide you with a means to guard against drug and alcohol abuse in your business.
Let us work together to implement a Drug & Alcohol Risk Management Program tailored to your needs.
Employees who take drugs come with great risks. Whether they take it during work hours or off-hours is not the issue here. If an employee is taking drugs, acting fast could save lives. The fact is that drug use in any form poses significant problems to your employees, clients, civilians, and your workplace and business. …
An incident early this year shows us how illicit drugs can influence a user’s thought process and actions. Matthew Branagan, a well-known creative professional, was convicted of sexual assault. He had climbed into a window and forced himself on a sleeping woman. Mr. Branagan blamed his actions on his cocaine habit. Related posts: Billion Dollar…